- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 1 kg medium green prawns, peeled, deveined leaving tails intact
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125ml) honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- To make the sweet chilli dipping sauce, combine the honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and chilli in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Place the egg in a separate bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and coconut in a separate bowl. Dip 1 prawn in flour to lightly coat, dip in egg, then in coconut mixture, lightly pressing to coat. Repeat with the remaining prawns. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Add enough vegetable oil in a medium saucepan to reach a depth of 5cm. Place over medium heat to reach 180°C (to test when oil is ready, a cube of bread turns golden brown in 15 seconds). Cook the prawns, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with some paper towels.
- Arrange the prawns on a serving platter. Serve with the sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges.